A great example of something sweet that’s tasty and good for your body-
An excellent pre-work out snack that will give you lots of energy coming from good sources of carbohydrates, medium chain triglycerides and omega fatty acids. The delicious brownies also contain lots of healthy minerals that we need to replenish when we sweat at the gym. It also contains antioxidants to help heal those muscle fibres and increase your recovery rate.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cups dates, pitted
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic salt (*or Himalayan)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
What you do:
- Place everything in the food processor and blend until combined.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and cut into desired shape.
- Serve with fresh cherries.
This recipe comes straight from yum. gluten free magazine March 2014 and it is…
View original post 4 more words